For Sale on Etsy

For Sale on Etsy
Click this link to check out my creations

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Conscious Box: September 2013

It's pretty late here...I should probably be in bed, but I am using this quiet time to catch up on some box reviews. The next box in my stack is Conscious Box. This is a monthly subscription service in which you receive 10-15 natural products each month. There are three different box options: classic, vegan, and gluten-free. Conscious Box also offers four different payment plans: $19.95/month, $56.85/3 months, $107.70/6 months, or $203.40/full year. Also, you can get your first box for FREE, yes I said FREE, like I did by using the code FREEBOX at checkout and all you will pay is $7.00 s/h. Let's get to the box...

Here is what will come to your door...for once one of my subscription boxes does NOT fit in my mailbox...LOL.



And here is the box once you open it up.



BOPS (Baked Organic Potato Snacks) from Good Boy Organics ($1.04 value): These looked similar to a Ruffles potato chip but were so much butter and definitely not greasy. I only had a few of them, because my 2-year-old ate the rest...he almost at the bag, too. I will have to find a store that sells these, because they were great!



Applied Nutrition Liquid Collagen Skin Revitalization ($1.20 value): I did not try this, because I am skeptical about trying anything if I am not 100% positive that it's breastfeeding friendly, so I actually passed this on to a friend.
Doctor's Best Chewable D-Ribose ($2.11 value): Again, another item that I am not sure is good for breastfeeding mommies, so I passed these on to NCPacks4Patriots to be added to a care package.



Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Shampoo ($1.91): This is the first organic shampoo I have ever tried and I really liked it. I got about 10 days worth of shampoo in this 2-ounce sample size which is pretty good amount when you're testing a product out. It left my hair really soft and it smells great. I was happy to see that our local Target store sells this as well as the conditioner so I don't have to order it through the mail.



Kids Natural Calm Multi ($0.83 value): I mixed this up with some apple juice and my children sampled it. They said it was very tasty. This combination of key vitamins and minerals is made up of 24 organic fruits and vegetables. I think I might have to buy a full-size of this product for my very picky 9-year-old.
Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Kids ($0.30 value): We haven't tried this one yet, but I have had a lot of teas from this brand and love them all. I've actually been wanting to try the sleepytime tea for my kiddos to see how calming it is at bedtime.



K-PAX Energy ($12.08 value): I think these are basically vitamins, but because of reasons I stated early with breastfeeding and what-not, I passed these on to NCPacks4Patriots to be put into care packages.
Natural Energy Booster E-boost ($1.40 value): I think this is just an extra boost of Vitamins C, D and B-12 as the package says, but since I already take a vitamin that is formulated for breastfeeding moms, I decided to pass this along for a care package as well, after all, our troops need to stay healthy, too!



African Black Soap from CoastalScents.com ($0.79 value): Funny little tidbit about this item. It was label down in the box, so when I picked it up I thought, "Oh neat, a slice of fruit cake"...haha. I'm glad I turned it around to see the label before I opened it up and took a bite. At first I was not going to use this soap because it had quite an odd smell. I decided that I would try it out since it was something different. A couple of days before I used it, I noticed I was getting a lot of breakouts on my face. And no joke, just a few hours after using this soap I noticed they were beginning to get better, and once I finished the soap in a couple of days, all of my breakouts were gone. This soap worked better than any other acne treatment I have ever used. It's not just for your face, but that's what I want to use it for. The description on the website says it's also good for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, too. If you want to order some, just follow this link HERE.



Aquatowel ($0.50 value): This pre-moistened towelette is actually biodegradable. I tossed it in my purse, but haven't needed it yet. I'm all for this like this, though, because you never know when you will need it.

Correctiv Facial All-in-One Skincare from Skinco Labs ($3.12 value): This bar cleanser is made up of ingredients that include fresh goat milk, oatmeal, a number of essential oils, as well as bamboo fiber. In one step it cleanses, removes makeup, exfoliates, and tones. I'm actually going to try this today.



BioBag ($1.16 value): Just a little fold-top compostable sandwich bag.



I also got a few coupons in the box for various discounts on some of the products that were included...



As for the total value of this box I came up with around $26.44, which is a little over the $19.99 price of a one-month subscription. Of course, I used the code FREEBOX to get this one for only $7.00 s/h. If you would be interested in getting your box for only $7.00, just click this link HERE and put in that code that I mentioned.

Do you receive Conscious Box? If you do, let me know in the comments below which version you receive and how you like it. Thanks!

Check out all of my subscription box reviews HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I'll need to check out that soap as I've had similar breakouts lately. Love getting mail that doesn't fit in the box!

    ReplyDelete