For Sale on Etsy

For Sale on Etsy
Click this link to check out my creations

Friday, September 13, 2013

Julep Maven: September 2013

So I received my September Julep Maven box on Monday, but due to computer issues I am just getting around to reviewing it for you. This month's theme is Cityscape.



Upon opening my box, this is what was in there. Julep's packaging of their nail polishes have changed just a bit. It seems they've stepped up their game and the polishes now have their own little boxes. Very nice, Julep!

Beneath that new packaging, were these three gorgeous colors. According to my style profile on Julep, I'm an "It Girl". Of course, you can change your selection at any time, or re-take your style profile quiz anytime you wish. I like to stick with the It Girl since that's what I was given in the beginning.



The first colors is called Josephine and is a blueish-gray creme polish. This is actually one coat in the swatch below. ($14.00 value)



The next color is a creme yellow called Catrina. The swatch below is two coats. ($14.00 Value)



The third color I received is Candace. It's a beautiful shimmer brown with hints of gold. I LOVE this color and I think I might actually put it on my nails today. ($14.00 Value)



I decided to order an add-on with my box this go-around, mainly because the color looked amazing online. When you subscribe to Julep, you can choose add-ons to go in your box that are deeply discounted. I only paid $4.99 for this extra little beauty. It's called Reece and is a pretty purple with a holographic shimmer. ($14.00 value).



Each month you get a little freebie in your Julep box. This month it was this One-Step Polish Remover Pad. I was actually going to throw this in my purse to save it for a nail emergency when I'm on-the-go, but I decided to go ahead and test it out by removing the colors I had swatched. This pad works wonders! It literally took my polish off in one swipe and I could probable use one pad on all 10 fingers. I highly recommend them! A pack of 10 pads is $9.99 unless you are subscribed, then Maven pricing is $7.99. (Approx. value of 1 pad=$1.00)



Julep Maven boxes are $19.99 for a monthly subscription. I paid $24.98 with my add-on this month, which is great considering I came up with a total value of about $57.00 for this box that I received. Remember that you can go HERE to subscribe and only pay $3.99 s/h for your first box using the code FREEBOX. What's great is that you can skip a month for any reason if you'd like. Head over to Julep and get started today! You won't be disappointed!



See my subscription box reviews HERE
Check out my September Charity Auction for Courageous Kidz
HERE's an iPad Mini Giveaway!
ENTER to win some new Marc Jacobs eyeshadow

No comments:

Post a Comment