For Sale on Etsy

For Sale on Etsy
Click this link to check out my creations

Thursday, August 29, 2013

My First Birchbox: August 2013

A couple of days ago I received my very first Birchbox in the mail. Birchbox is a subscription service in which you get deluxe beauty samples mailed to you each month for only $10.00 shipped. So here's what was in my August Birchbox:



So this is how the box looks when you receive it and when you first open it up. The box ships via USPS and I received it within 2 days of shipping notification. As you can see you get a little card that tells about the items in the box, how to use them, and what the price is on a full-size product. All of the full-size products can be purchased at the Birchbox website.


Amika Obliphica Blow Up Spray ($6.00 value): lightweight mist that adds lift and leaves an Obliphica berry scent for the perfect blowout. I actually used this today and it works great. It gives a little boost in volume and smells great. The 2-ounce sample size will last through quite a few uses, too.


Color Club Wanderlust Collection ($2.00 value): exclusive neon pastel shades inspired by four of our favorite cities. The color I got is called London Calling and is a pretty minty green. I love nail polish so this is one of my favorite items in the box.
Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream SPF 45+ ($4.42 value): this multitasker evens out skin tone, has anti-aging benefits, and gives you broad spectrum protection. I've been wanting to try out a BB cream to see how I will like it, so I'm pretty stoked to try this product. Hopefully I can get more than one use out of the little 0.17ml sample that I got in my box.


OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel (approx. $1.81 value): a lightweight gel that creates a sheer matte layer and absorbs shine for eight hours. Even though I have oily skin, I always moisturize, which can leave your skin feeling a bit greasy. I tried this today and the way you use it is that you apply a layer on top of your moisturizer before you apply your makeup. It really did make the shine go away and made my face feel so smooth.


Tili Bags (approx. $0.94 value): breeze through airport security with these too-cute plastic bags. Each month Birchbox will put in what they call a Lifestyle Extra, which is basically a non-beauty sample. This month's Lifestyle Extra are these super cute patterned zipper bags. It's basically a zippered bag that you can use to put various items in when you pack. The bag I got is quart-sized but they make gallon-sized ones, too and in different patterns. I don't travel much to the point that I would need to use bags like this, but I think it would make a great reusable snack bag.

So that is my Birchbox this month. For only $10.00 shipped I received a box valued at around $15.17. That's not too bad for my first box, so I think I will continue with my subscription for a little while. If you would like to get your own Birchbox, just click this link HERE. If you receive Birchbox let me know what you got and what you think.

See all of my favorite subscription boxes HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment