For Sale on Etsy

For Sale on Etsy
Click this link to check out my creations

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Easiest Pumpkin Muffins Ever!

One of the things I take pride in is that I am a breastfeeding mommy. For almost 6 months I have exclusively breastfed my son Bentley. I never thought I would get so into something as simple as giving my baby the best nutrition ever. I mean come on, it's just milk...or not. (Yes, this is where I go off-subject on my breastfeeding rant.) Breastfeeding is the most natural, best gift anyone can give their baby. Now I'm not saying that you are wrong or a bad mom if you don't...to each his (well, her) own. So back to these muffins. I go to a monthly group called M.O.M.S. (Mothers of Milk Support). The main focus of our group is of course, breastfeeding, but we also talk about anything mommy-related. A few months back we discussed nutrition and how to disguise fruits and veggies for our picky little eaters at home. The lovely lady who heads up the group showed us a simple way to make muffins that are healthy and great for us who are frugal.

So here is the ingredient list:


Yup, that's all...just one box cake mix and one can of pumpkin. You just mix the two together and scoop it into your muffin pan and bake at the recommended temperature on the cake mix box. you are not limited to the white cake as shown. In M.O.M.S. Group we were treated to some that had been made with a devil's food mix and some that had been made with a spice cake mix. They were both delicious.



All it takes is 30 minutes and they are done!



And there ya have it...quick, easy, and delicious muffins. And since pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A and fiber, they aren't bad for ya either!

No comments:

Post a Comment